What's your diet like?

Saturday, August 4, 2012

My Fruity List for August!


  • watermelon
  • apples
  • strawberries
  • cantaloupe
  • cucumbers
  • blueberries
  • peaches
  • apricots
  • kiwi
  • figs
  • mangoes
  • raspberries
  • plums
  • peppers
  • tomatoes
  • BANANAS
This is a list of fruits that are in season (in the US, anyway!) during the month of August and that I plan on stocking up on. 

I am currently vegan, meaning I eat a plant-based diet with NO animal products. I am leaning towards fruitarianism, but for now that is simply an ideal for me and I am currently aiming to eat a high-carb low-fat vegan diet (find out more about this diet at 30bananasaday.com!) I have not cut out grains or cooked foods yet but eating high-carb lately has given me so much energy! I have been eating mostly fruit but I run out of it so fast! I need to start buying in bulk!!

If anyone knows of any good places to buy fruit in bulk, please, let me know!! :)

I am planning to do a banana island in the near future (eating only bananas for a period of time). Once I have acquired at least 210 bananas, I will go for it! That is 30 bananas a day for 7 days. My goal is to eat 25 a day but the 30 gives me extra just in case! A big part of fruitarianism/a raw food diet is never restricting one's calories (something I have been guilty of doing). Fruit is an amazing thing because the more you eat, the more it benefits you!

Fruit and love,

Kayla Marie


No comments:

Post a Comment